Friday, February 03, 2012

A BIG thank you to Texas Tech University


I would like to thank Texas Tech University for their incredible support for chess and SPICE in the past five years. I would also like to thank all the donors and supporters, without whom, SPICE could have never achieved this kind of success.

Chess will continue at Texas Tech and I will do everything possible to make sure that the transition with the new Director / Coach will be super smooth. My job is not finished yet as we still have a National Championship to defend in the end of March.

I am very proud to be a part of the Texas Tech family for the past 5 years. We have made a lot of history together. It has been an incredible experience and I will never forget all the wonderful memories.

As someone who has constantly looking to raise the bar and breaking through barriers in chess for nearly 40 years, I could not pass up the opportunity to work with Webster University on a global level, and to bring some of the world's best young talents to SPICE in St. Louis. My goal is to help the next generation of talented young players excel in chess while obtaining a fantastic college education.

There will be more SPICE programs in other universities in the near future. But my base operation will be in St. Louis for many years to come. Once again, thank you for everything. This is not the end of a amazing chapter. It is just the beginning of something even more magnificent.

Best wishes,
Susan Polgar
Director
Susan Polgar Institute for Chess Excellence (SPICE)

No comments:

Post a Comment